• New Inn

  • Lion Inn

  • Lion Inn

  • Lion Inn

Welcome to the Village Inns

 

The Lion Inn

Lion Inn

Once the Guildhall or village meeting house, it was also used as a local court house. The original building, parts of which still survive, dates back to the 13th century and consisted of a great hall with a central fireplace.

Around the courtyard at the rear of the building were the granaries, cattle sheds and other outbuildings. It is likely that it was always used as a hostelry for travellers, later becoming an inn before 1600 when it was known as the Red Lion after the coat of Arms of the Jeffreyes family of Homme Castle.



News....   The Lion is now under new ownership and management.

The owner, John Fletcher, lives at Bury's Place opposite the Lion. Manager Mary & Clive Minshell are now serving good quality food in the newly refurbished restaurant area every day and also offering a choice of take-away meals Monday-Saturday. Well-appointed twin bedrooms with en suite bathrooms are also available for B&B.

Click here for the latest news
For further details and opening times, telephone: (01886) 812 975 or

Click here to visit the Lion Inn website.

 

 


 

The New Inn

New Inn

is located on the Old Road on Clifton hill where customers are assured of a warm welcome from Dave Jackson and Shelagh Grant. Despite its name, the New Inn dates back several centuries. For many years it was known as Shortlands, serving cider and ale to anyone who stopped by on their way to and from the village. Today, it offers a wide range of excellent food in its newly refurbished bar and restaurant area as well as providing a take-away service.

To book, telephone:  (01886) 812 226

Click here to visit the th New Inn website.